Semen anyasis. Male fertility examination
- what you need to know?
The semen test is the first step toward the assessment of male fertility. The general parameters of the semen and the structure of the sperm cells are analysed. At the Klinika Bocian, we perform this test using state-of-the-art equipment, which guarantees the accuracy and comparability of results.
Includes general semen analysis and sperm morphology.
Computerized semen analysis performed using the CASA method.
Result and description ready within 3 hours.
How to prepare for semen analysis?
- It is recommended to refrain from sex (specifically, from ejaculation) for 3 to 5 days prior to testing.
- During the 3 to 5 days before the test, the patient should not drink alcohol.
- You may be asked to provide information about substance use, medications administered, as well as any injuries in the area of testicles.
- The patient should make an appointment in advance, booking a convenient time.
How does the examination look like
The man at registration receives a sterile container for a semen sample. Infertility treatment clinic has a specially prepared room in which the patient provides his semen. The room has a TV with movies and magazines.
The analytical laboratory is located next to the room for men, semen sample can be analysed immediately. Thus, the material collected is not exposed to adverse external conditions and it is maintained at the correct temperature.
Result after 3 hours
The waiting time for the result is approximately 3 hours from the time the material is delivered to the analytical laboratory. You can easily check the results online, on your patient panel or pick up in person at the clinic.
In exceptional cases, the material may be brought to the clinic from home. The man should then purchase a sterile container - the same as for a urine test. After the semen has been collected, the sample must be delivered to the laboratory within 30 minutes. During this time, it is very important that the material maintains body temperature, as inadequate storage of the container with semen may affect the reliability of the result.
- DNA Fragmentation – halosperm
- HBA test
- Examination of the oxidation-reduction potential of semen
More information on the available services and prices at the Klinika Bocian can be found in ours prices.
Individual treatment approach
You perform only the examinations which you really need, with no packages or unnecessary costs.
The work at Klinika Bocian captured in the photos: tests, medical procedures, treatment of infertility, doctors offices and laboratories.
We're here to answer your questions
There are no bad questions - we are here to help. Our professional will be happy to talk to you, provide advice and clarifications concerning visits, tests, procedures, and our treatment methods.
CONTACT A PROFESSIONAL AT THE CLINIC OF YOUR CHOICE:
Contact our professional
+48 577 003 610
Frequently asked questions
- 1 How to prepare for the first visit?
- 2 Is there a waiting list to start treatment at your clinic?
- 3 How much does in vitro procedure cost?