INFORMATION FOR THE PATIENTS
CONCERNING PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Legal basis: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter referred to as GDPR
IVI spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością (hereinafter referred to as: IVI), having its seat in Poznań, 60-529 Poznań, ul. Jana Henryka Dąbrowskiego 77a, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court in Poznań - Nowe Miasto and Wilda in Poznań; VII Commercial Division under number: KRS0000483359, NIP No. 7792417617, REGON No. 30257574100000 is the controller of Your personal data. By that we mean that we shall be responsible for personal data’s safe use and in accordance with the currently applicable regulations.
E-mail address of the IVI’s Data Protection Supervisor: email@example.com, postal address: ul. Akademicka 26, 15-267 Białystok, Katarzyna Rybaczek
IVI’s address: IVI spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością spółka komandytowa, ul. Jana Henryka Dąbrowskiego 77a, 60-529 Poznań
Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the act of 10 May 2018 on personal data protection, the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, and in particular full guaranties for personal data protection shall be provided, as required by law. The controller of personal data, appointed in accordance with the legal requirements, shall apply technical and organisational measures, which are necessary considering the threats and the categories of data protected, to ensure the protection of the personal data processed, and in particular it shall protect the data against unauthorized access, against being taken by an unauthorized person, illegal processing and their change, loss or damage. In particular, the controller shall keep documentation on how the data is being processed. Only persons authorised by the data controller shall process data in IVI.
Personal data that IVI obtains from You shall be used in order to:
- protect the health, to provide medical treatments and services, to conclude and perform contracts, perform laboratory services or other medical services which may be deemed necessary for medical treatments or for the management of medical services.
- comply with a legal obligation to which IVI being the controller is subject to, e.g. obligations defined in the Act of 25 June 2015 on Infertility Treatment, Act on Medical Entities, Act on Patients' Rights and the Ombudsman of Patients' Rights, Act on the Professions of Physician and Dentist, Act on the Profession of Nurse and Midwife, Act on Laboratory Diagnosticians, i.e. in particular with respect to keeping and storing medical records, providing information on infectious diseases, making medical records available to authorised bodies, judicial authorities
- issue medical certificates of temporary inability to work
- issue medical certificate of treatment received requested by Patients or persons authorised by them
- issue and keep invoices and accounting documents
- respond to complaints within time limits and in forms prescribed by law
IVI shall process Your data:
- when medical services and associated services are provided
- for the period of time for which IVI required by law to retain Your personal data, e.g. in accordance with art 29 of the Act f 5 November 2008 on Patient Rights and Patient Ombudsman o regarding the retention periods for various types of medical records
- during the period in which we may incur the legal consequences of a failure to comply with an obligation under the applicable law
- for the duration of the contracts concluded, and thereafter for the period after which claims arising from the contractual relationship between You and IVI, e.g. contracts for the storage of reproductive cells and embryos, become time-barred, and in the event of us pursuing a claim or bringing an action to the attention of the competent authorities - for the duration of such proceedings.
You may only be provided by IVI with medical treatment and services if You make your personal data available to IVI using registration forms, consent forms, agreements and other documents relating directly or indirectly to services provided by IVI. Only IVI’s authorised personnel shall process and verify personal data based on a photo ID, in accordance with the Act on Personal Data Protection. You have right to access Your personal data and to correct them. You are obligated to give Your personal data to the extent required by medical legislation, additional data may be given voluntarily. Patients who refuse to give their personal data to the extent required by medical legislation shall be denied any medical services by IVI. Additional tests, services or other actions with regard to Your health condition or medical treatment, such as referral to another centre of higher referral level, additional representations and consents made in the presence of the Head of the Registry Office, etc. may be deemed necessary during the provision of medical treatments and services. If this will require any of Your personal data being used differently, missing information shall be completed and transmitted, where possible, before data is obtained. Otherwise, information on data processing in this document shall remain valid.
Personal data IVI obtains from You shall be forwarded to following entities:
- other medical entities processing personal data with whom IVI has concluded contracts on provision of other services or medical services, necessary for Your treatment at IVI, which IVI does not provide directly
- Ministry of Health where this is provided for in the legislation, in particular as specified by the Act of 25 June 2015 on Infertility Treatment, e.g. with respect to non-partner donation of reproductive cells or to embryos in embryo donation, occurrence of any serious adverse events and reactions, inspections made at IVI
- Social Insurance Institution (ZUS) where this is provided for in the legislation
- bodies of state administration or local governments, judicial authorities or other entities as required by applicable law
- other entities in accordance with applicable law
- any persons You may authorise or Your legal representatives
- entities providing legal and IT services to IVI
- operators providing postal, courier or transport services
Payments made to IVI via bank or a online payment service provider shall result in information on Your bank account or Your online payment service provider being rendered to IVI. IVI shall process these data in order to verify whether payments were made correctly or to establish potential complaints, make refunds, exercise or defend legal claims as well as for statistical and analysis purposes.
IVI may obtain Your personal data from public registers, such as EWUŚ or ZUS database in order to verify or determine relevant data, enabling IVI to perform medical treatments or services properly.
You have the right to file a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office if You consider that the processing of Your personal data by IVI infringes the law.
Every Patient may personally submit to IVI a written request to:
- rectify (correct) personal data,
- erase unlawfully processed data
- restrict processing (suspension of data processing or data erasure – as may be appropriate),
- access personal data (information on data we process or copy of data),
- move personal data to another data controller or to You (as specified by art. 20 of GDPR).
Such a request shall be made personally in the IVI’s office. Before accepting your application, an IVI’s employee shall confirm Your identity to determine whether you are authorised to make the application. Relevant law regulations specify whether these rights may be exercised and their scope.
Pursuant to the provisions set forth in Act of 25 June 2015 on Infertility Treatment and in the ordinance of the Minister of Health, issued on its basis, various obligations related to assisted procreation treatments are imposed on assisted conception centres and facilities storing reproductive cells and embryos. Before utilising the IVI’ services, You are required to state the following personal data: full name, PESEL number, series and number of your ID, date of birth, place of residence and sex. Additionally, before You will receive any assisted conception procedure You will have to give phenotypic data: height, weight, eye colour, hair structure, body type, race and ethnicity.
During the performance of medical treatments and services, IVI shall obtain numerous additional information with regard to Your health condition such as medical history, results of laboratory tests and physical examinations, past medical treatments and other sensitive data, necessary for an assessment of Your health condition which help determine whether You qualify for further procedures of assisted conception treatments.
At the same time, the Patients shall verify and confirm personal data collected by putting their legible signature on the documentation.
At IVI’s personal data are being processed by medical professionals providing treatment or other medical services, and managing the provision of medical services. They were authorised to process personal data by the data controller.
Personal data processed at IVI are highly safeguarded and protected against unauthorised access.